HomeArtist Bio/StudioArtwork for SaleFind Me HereCustomer Feedback

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wicked Wands -- New Charmed Confections!


Happy Wednesday to You All!

Hope all my followers out there are having a great day (even though it is the middle of the week) - Ugh!

I wanted to share with you my latest Charmed Confection. Wicked Eyeball Wands!  These wands are of my own design and approximately 20" tall.  The wand with the top hat is 18" tall.  The eyeball itself is hand sculpted out of Creative Paper Clay that was sanded, painted, stained and sealed.  My secret to great looking eyeball veins were then added and it was resealed again.  I attached the eye to an antique thread bobbin, which I painted and stained, added a ruffly, fabric collar, a hat and embellishments.  The black mirrored knob on the bottom of the bobbin is a drawer pull.  (Clever - I thought and adds a great weight to these pieces!)

Anyway, I hope you like them.  They can hang on a wall, be put into a vase filled with candy, or you can just wave it around to go with your Halloween costume.  Either way, it is unique and lots of fun!  Who out there has an Eyeball Wand?  Not many for sure.  I even added some cute pumpkin bells so you can rattle it!

I will be featuring these in my Etsy Shoppe very soon and another one (not listed below) will be listed on www.pfattmarketplace.com on October 10th at 10am.  Please stop by and see all the wonderful offering the talented artists have available

P.S.  Wait till you see what I have coming up on SpookyTime Jingles on the 13th!! Can you say - Gargoyle?!!  Yup ... stay tuned for him!!  He is one of my favorite pieces I've done!!





Enjoy the day my Friends and thank you for following me on my artistic journey!  XOXO





4 comments:

Lisa J. Ammerman said...

These eyeball wands are so creepy and clever! You did such a good job painting the eyes and the veining that they look real! Well done! They are so unique! I'm sure they will be snapped up quickly!

Can't wait to see that gargoyle!
Happy Haunting!
Lisa
A Piece of Lisa

Charmed Confections said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by. I had more of these at my show last weekend. Even the teenaged boys at the show were saying that they looked real. I was tickled by their creepy but wonderful comments. Must have done something right. :) Hugs to you my friend!

dawnmercedes said...

ooh...great job!!

Charmed Confections said...

Thanks so much Dawn!! Thanks for stopping by too - appreciate it!